Kon'nichiwa (Hello)

 I have always loved to eat sushi and now my dream of learning to make it has come true, welcome to my sushi blog. To start I will develop skills vital to making sushi. Once I am fully prepared I will choose a type of sushi every week and eat it. After that I will try to recreate it for myself and taste the difference. I will then decide out of all the sushi I try, which roll I like the best. During these next few months I will make sushi, sashimi, and end with my very own Dragon Roll.

    To start off my journey I will research the history of sushi and then I will make sushi rice. Next, I will learn how to use a knife. A knife is the most important tool in the kitchen and it is a good skill to have. To improve my knife skills I will practice cutting up cucumbers, avocados, and carrots. After that I will decide the best sushi rice recipe by testing how they taste and I will begin making my sushi starting with the most basic roll, the California Roll, and working my way up to my end goal the Dragon Roll.

My Action Plan:

Oct 12 History of Sushi

Oct 19 3 Rice Recipes

Oct 26 Knife Skills with Cucumbers

Nov 2 Julienning Carrots

Nov 9 Recreate California Roll

Dec 14 Sashimi Research

Dec 21 Cut Fish

Dec 28 Make Sashimi

Jan 11 Signature Sauce

Jan 18 Dragon Roll

(My action plan may change throughout the project because I know I need to be flexible in case my plan does not work or I want to try something else.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amarini mo kurabīde wanai (Not Too Crabby)

Bejirōru (Veggie Roll)

Kariforuniarōru (California Roll)