Ninjin to kyūri (Carrots and Cucumbers)

 Today I cut a cucumber to practice my knife skills but I had to cut it in a specific way to make it small enough to fit well into a sushi roll. First, I washed the cucumber. Then, I peeled it and after that I cut it down the middle. I proceeded to cut it down the middle again and sliced it into smaller slices. I didn't have an example of how to do this so I did this based on my own knowledge of sushi cucumbers.  I also julienned a carrot to make matchsticks that also needed to fit well in a sushi roll. I have attached a video of how to julienne a carrot in the link below. Julienning a carrot was easy because you cut it straight.


How to julienne a carrot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlOP2MT_3sU&feature=emb_logo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amarini mo kurabīde wanai (Not Too Crabby)

Bejirōru (Veggie Roll)

Kariforuniarōru (California Roll)